Part-time study carries fewer hours or fewer papers than full-time study. If a person desires to study part-time and hold a New Zealand visitor visa or work visa, he/she will have to apply for a variation of conditions to allow unless:
The employer has authorized your course of study or training.
Students studying less than 20 hours each week to finish course of study may be eligible for a student visa.
To get a student visa in New Zealand, one needs to check whether the fees are domestic.
If a student is enrolling a course for the first time, they should have an offer letter from the University.
The offer should contain:
- University or the institution's name and contact details
- The name of the course and the minimum time required for completing it, and
- Proof that the course meet New Zealand’s requirements,
- The amount of the fee for the complete course, and
- Proof that you are planning to leave.
80% of the student visa applications will not take more than one month to process and it costs US$8,439.