Probably the work visa is the toughest visa to obtain in France.
Procedure for non EU employees
Non EU candidates should first obtain for a contract draft. The employer who is going to hire you will file for an application with the appropriate administration for approval. Then a visa will be issued by a consulate of France.
Computer engineers must submit the documents needed for a short stay visa, even though they are applying for a long stay visa.
In case of a short-stay work visa or a Schengen visa the employer ought to offer you a contract which has been countersigned by the DDTEFP (Direction départementale du travail, de l'emploi et de la formation professionnelle). Then you can apply for a Schengen visa. This Visa is valid up to 3 months. The applicant must provide:
- A passport with a blank page and is valid for a period of three months beyond the applicant's last day of stay in the Schengen states.
- Two short-stay visa application forms completely and legibly filled out. Print in black. Indicate also your phone numbers and e-mail.
- Passport size photographs glued on each form.
- In case of an applicant who is an immigrant, proof of residence from the country where he/she resides is needed along with a copy.
- Contract countersigned by the DDTEFP (+ 1 copy)
- A copy of Health Insurance
- Permanent address, if you are applying through mail.
- Only Express mail, Priority mail, certified mail (registered mail) will be accepted, if not the personal appearance will be required. Note that the personal appearance is the basic rule.
Processing fee: Same as for Long stay Visa.
Appliers ought to supply the following documents when they apply for a work visa:
- A passport valid for a period of three months beyond the applicant's last day of stay in the Schengen states. Please make sure your passport has a blank page to affix the visa.
- Two long stay visa application forms printed in black color and filled along with the email address and phone numbers.
- Passport size photographs glued on the forms.
- A proof of residence from your resident country
The visa fee: Same as for Long stay Visa.