International students from non EU countries need a student visa for entry to Cyprus. Student visas are issued only to international students who obtain at least 12 credits in a semester.
Once the University completes the formalities of receiving copies of all the student’s school documents and valid passport, it issues an Offer Letter mentioning the terms and conditions of admission for the program.
The issuance of visa differs as per the country of origin and for some countries the visa is issued from the Migration Department of Cyprus and is given directly to the University making it responsible for sending the visa to the student to enter Cyprus.
For some nationalities the visa is issued from the Embassy/Consulate of Cyprus in the country of residence of the applicant and is attached to passport. It is valid for a limited period after arrival and must be renewed immediately.
Once all the required documents are submitted and payments have been made, the University will present the student’s list of documents to the Migration Authorities for an approval. After the migration authorities approved the documents, a visa interview will be scheduled for the student. Interview dates are announced before commencement of each Semester.
Applicants from certain countries are required to attend a visa interview. The Office of Admissions notifies the interview dates.
Students who need to appear for a visa interview should bring the following documents:
- Original Educational Certificates.
- Original, attested Police Clearance Certificate.
- Original copy of Bank Statement with a letter from Bank
- Original Passport.
- Original attested medical reports for HIV, Syphilis, Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C and chest x-ray report.
- Copy of University Admission Letter and receipts for €55 and €86
- Copy of University receipt for the Tuition fees as required in the Acceptance letter.
- Original receipt issued by remitting/sending bank in home country proving that the amount of €7000 is deposited and is available for the purpose of studying abroad.
- The student must show 3 sets of above documents as follows:
- 1st SET - Original documents.
- 2nd SET - Attested copies of all the above documents.
- 3rd SET - Plain copies of all the above with a photocopy of the completed visa application form in front.
- Please put the documents in the same order in each set.
- Students are advised to contact the Cyprus Embassy/High Commission/ Consulate to check whether any additional requirements exist for the interview.
- Upon arrival in Cyprus, students will be required to show the following documents to the Immigration Authorities at the port of entry:
- Passport which is valid for two years.
- University receipts of the amount paid to the university.
- €2000 in cash.
- All the documents that were certified by the visa officer at the visa interview (if applicable). Certificate of Admission from the University.
- Open ticket valid for return to home country.
- Original Letter of Good Conduct: Foreign Nationals should provide an official Letter of good conduct, from higher authorities of the resident’s country indicating clear criminal record.