Language requirements for studies at universities in Ireland
If you are not an Irish student, you are not required to speak Irish in order to apply for university studies in Ireland.
If English is not their first language, candidates who apply need to prove their level of proficiency in English language through the results received at your upper secondary school and at the TOEFL or IELTS tests. The minimum accepted score for the TOEFL test is usually 570 (paper-based) or 90 (Internet-based), and 6.5 for the IELTS test.
You may use the European grades comparison chart to learn how you would score in Europe.
Requirements to apply for doctoral studies:
- Undergraduate level (first cycle)
- Health Professions Admissions test (HPAT).
- Graduate Medical Schools Admissions Test
- Graduate level (second and third cycle)
- Applicants must have a minimum grade of 2.1 (Honors Second Class) in their Bachelor’s Degree.